Spark your Imagination through the power of technology
We are Sony Semiconductor IL, formerly Altair Semiconductor. We believe in pioneering the future through the power of creativity. As IoT expands to include all types of connected “things”, our ultra-low-power and ultra-small chipset solutions are turning Cellular IoT into reality.
Sony Semiconductor IL is an integral part of Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation, creating a company culture that combines the Sony legacy, values and technology with our own vision and market leadership in the fields of Cellular IoT and AI.
We proudly provide millions of chipsets to customers around the world connecting to the world’s top, tier-1 cellular networks.
Believe that anything you can imagine, you can make real.
Your journey starts with us:
Embedded Software Engineer for a Wireless Communication Team
We’re looking for an experienced Real-Time/Embedded SW engineer to join our wireless communication team. The team is responsible for developing innovative wireless network technology for Sony Altair’s next generation IoT chip-set.
As an engineer in the team, you’ll:
- Play a significant role in designing sophisticated local network topologies that use routing and self-healing protocols to ensure continuous connection while maintaining low power consumption.
- Design and implement embedded software for the network stack, enhance the stack efficiency and performance on actual networks, and optimize the solution for memory and power consumption according to simulations and testing on Sony IoT devices.
- Define, design and implement application layers and APIs for customer usage of Sony solutions.
- Shape a unique and innovative solution that drives new use cases for Sony Altair and our customers.
- BSc in Electrical Engineering, SW Engineering, or Computer Science from an established university
- Proven experience in embedded software development and debugging
- Experience with network stack and protocols; wireless communication – an advantage
- Excellent engineering skills – problem solving, pragmatic approach, broad system view
- Strong interpersonal skills, good collaboration within and across teams
- Quick learner, motivated, and self-driven person who thrives in an ambiguous environment
- Fluent oral and written communications skills in English