HW System Lead
Sony Semiconductor Israel is looking for a passionate HW Engineering Lead for a multi-disciplinary activity in a new and truly exciting project – a total solution (edge to the cloud) of unique B2B internet of things (IoT) service.
It is disruptive and innovative and has the potential to create a new revolutionary market.
As Hardware Engineering Lead, you will be expected to demonstrate excellent system level understanding and be able to apply multi-disciplinary techniques related to hardware design (RF, digital, power management, sensing and more).
You will work in tight collaboration with our System and Architecture teams, production manufacturers and solution suppliers.
Our team is small and in your position, you will make a significant impact on our success – product differentiation, quality of the service we provide, level of innovation and maturity of our product. As such, we expect you to be highly motivated, have profound knowledge in your area of domain, be able to learn fast and get into new areas of development quickly, work in a team and with numerous interfaces.
If you are an engineer with these qualities, you will make a difference!
- Be a significant part of the device development team, continuously improving towards excellence in all tasks
- Contribute to hardware product definition for state of the art IoT devices
- Investigate, invent, develop, innovate and improve challenging multidisciplinary HW/RF designs
- Develop complex and multi-disciplinary designs including digital, RF and power circuits at the edge of the technology, and lead launch activities to mass production
- Constantly learn the market offering for the complete solution’s components, identify the ones to comply with the products specification, and suggest further optimizations
- Collaborate with solution providers (battery, assembly, production, etc.), clearly communicate Sony’s requirements, track development phases, challenge the solution and suggest optimizations
- 6+ years’ experience in Hardware development, HW/RF Board design and integration, preferably in IoT, communication or sensing solutions.
- Good experience in all board design phases including HW architecture, specification, components selection, schematics drawing, PCB stack-up planning, layout guidance, mechanical guidance, manufacturing control and bring-up.
- Good background in RF chains design and considerations.
- Hands on experience with all relevant Lab equipment, testing and integration.
- Experience with Orcad / Orcad CIS tools.
- Experience with Allegro / other layout tools.
- B.Sc. in Electrical engineering from a major university or institution.
- Good teamwork and collaboration, Highly motivated, able and willing to take responsibility on full tasks/projects.