Spark your Imagination through the power of technology
At Sony Semiconductor IL (formerly known as Altair Semiconductor), we believe in pioneering the future through the power of creativity. We strive to bring new innovation to Cellular IoT technology that drives the vision of the Internet of Things (IoT), and Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques that help people around the world unleash their imagination and creativity.
In 2016, Altair became an integral part of SONY Corporation, creating a company culture that combines the Sony legacy, values and technology with our own vision and market leadership in the field of Cellular IoT and AI.
Believe anything you can imagine, you can make real.
Your journey starts with us:
RF SYSTEM STUDENT
General job description:
Come join us at SONY Semiconductor Israel Ltd. (SSI), where we’re constantly pushing the limits of wireless telecommunications.
As a member of the RF system team, you’ll work in close cooperation with the silicon design, HW, and SW teams (PHY & MAC) in all stages of the development process to ensure performance. You’ll be responsible for investigating and solving complex RF performance issues, and will define, develop, and implement new features and verify the system performance on SSI reference designs and actual customer products.
- Currently studying in a BSc program in electrical engineering with no more than three semesters remaining
- Good understanding of RF principles and design considerations
- Hands-on lab experience with RF test equipment
- Knowledge of RF system analysis tools – Matlab
- Strong interpersonal skills, good teamwork and cooperation, high self-motivation, ability to take responsibility for full tasks/projects
- 8200 or similar military experience
PHY HW Design student
- Be a significant part of the LTE PHY Silicon team, developing SONY Semiconductor Israel Ltd. (SSI)’s next-generation 4G and 5G IoT chips.
- Take part in all aspects of digital design including architecture and specification, RTL design, and verification
- Develop complex signal processing blocks, control mechanisms, and more
- Closely collaborate with the FW, DSP, physical design team, and production teams
- Contribute to the development of a complex, state-of-the-art technological project
- Acquire thorough knowledge and understanding of cutting-edge industry technology and standards
- Develop a sophisticated low-power IoT solution
- Student in a leading university, majoring in electric engineering or computer engineering, third-year or above
- Background in wireless communication protocols with very low power design—an advantage
- Knowledge of Verilog, Specman, and scripting languages—an advantage
- Knowledge of Matlab—an advantage
- Thinker, team player, and highly motivated
- Multi-disciplinary, self-learner, curious engineer-to-be