Spark your Imagination through the power of technology
We are Sony Semiconductor IL, formerly Altair Semiconductor. We believe in pioneering the future through the power of creativity. As IoT expands to include all types of connected “things”, our ultra-low-power and ultra-small chipset solutions are turning Cellular IoT into reality.
Sony Semiconductor IL is an integral part of Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation, creating a company culture that combines the Sony legacy, values and technology with our own vision and market leadership in the fields of Cellular IoT and AI.
We proudly provide millions of chipsets to customers around the world connecting to the world’s top, tier-1 cellular networks.
Believe that anything you can imagine, you can make real.
Your journey starts with us:
We are looking for a system engineer to define and manage the architecture of a unique, cutting edge IoT product and its cloud service. You will work closely with the product, business and marketing teams for use case definition; you will define requirements for software and hardware features implementation, product testability, and for define end to end system solution specification. This is a pivot role within a specific IoT product project, as a system engineer you will be a main technical point for program management, software and hardware engineers to define and solve arising challenges of the project. Additionally, you will collaborate with, and assist the support organization to analyze complicated problems arising from the actual usage of the service. As part of the role – you will be a part of the system architecture team responsible for definition of chipsets, firmware, software, hardware and security solutions.
- Define end to end solution specification with attention to battery lifetime, cost, and user experience
- Manage product technical specification, assess tradeoffs and address market requirements and feedbacks
- Collaborate closely with embedded software, cloud, hardware and algorithms teams, providing system view and solutions to arising development challenges
- Collaborate with characterization and algorithms teams to define and analyze system performance based on data collected from devices in production and in the field.
- More than 5 years’ experience, preferably with system and multidisciplinary background with electronic products or systems
- Strong advantage: system engineering experience with end products
- Strong hands on experience, ability and desire to combine attention to details with high level picture of the project
- Passion for technology, products and curiosity to learn new things are highly appreciated.
- Creativity, self-motivation and positive attitude are absolutely a mandatory requirement for this role.
- Team player with great organizational and leadership skills
- BSc in engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field
- Advantage: knowledge in wireless communication