Low power and cost-efficient semiconductors for CAT-M and NB-IoT are already revolutionizing industries and creating new use cases for Cellular IoT devices.
In this webinar, you will learn about the differences between these systems and evaluate the benefits for IoT; market drivers for CAT-M & NB IoT, and applications.
- LTE CAT-1 is currently the most cost and power/performance optimized cellular connectivity
- MNOs face increasing competition from proprietary LPWA technologies, such as LoRA and Sigfox, setting a high competitive bar for cellular IoT
- 3GPP, as part of its Release 13, is in the process of standardizing two technology variants: CAT-M1 and CAT-M2
- There appears to be a general perception in the market that considers CAT-M2 superior to CAT-M1
- In this webinar, CAT-M1 and CAT-M2 are examined in detail, concluding scientifically that both are comparable in all three aspects, with slight advantages for each in different use cases